Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winterlicious with Kinga...

this may be my only one this season (school is back in session on Monday)... We went to Pure Spirits at the Distillery District. The place was busy, the waiters very friendly. mmmm the bread basket... the rolls were toasty warm on the inside and crusty on the outside... yum...
Martinis: purple French for Kinga... and cucumber (infused gin) one for me...
Kinga started with Charred cauliflower and aged cheddar bisque,cheddar fritter... very good... so creamy
I had the Arctic shrimp, mussel and salmon terrine, peppergreens salad, champagne and pink grapefruit vinaigrette... that was one good terrine and I love watercress..
a couple of glasses of wine... I got a bit jipped :)
there was quite a long pause between our apetizers and our main... but it was good, we had our drinks and good conversation...
eventually our mains did arrive... for Kinga Seared atlantic halibut fillet, white bean cassoulet and café au lait sauce... oh my so delish....
I had the Duo of poached monkfish and braised pork belly, peruvian potato puree and citrus butter... the pork belly was delicious.. the beans crunchy (yummers)... potao puree cold but still good... and the monkfish a bit raw but yummy.... I ate it... lol
then a bit of a gap before our dessert...
for Kinga Warm berry cobbler, crème fraiche ice cream... a perfect winter finish to a meal...
I tried the Flourless dark chocolate gateaux, dark chocolate sauce... it was rich and dense and delicious..
espresso was our cherry on top...

No comments: