Wednesday, February 11, 2009

here comes Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay was in Toronto this past Sunday to promote his new book "Healthy Appetite". His visit included an interview at the Toronto Reference Library... Jay and I had tickets
Before his appearance he signed some books at The Cookbook Store (which I believe was the organizer of the event). I was on the outside on my way to the library, which is across the street, hence the cloudy picture...
since we had the vip tickets, we enjoyed some of the food from his book (and we also received the book).. I snapped pictures of some...
Minted Chickpea Puree..
Chocolate Mousse
Bruschetta with Cavalo Nero and Prosciutto
Gordon arrived and addressed our little group. He spoke about his book and answered some questions... I just stood there and took picture after picture...
the interviewer was Peter Oliver... a very bad choice in my opinion, it should have been one of our food critics... he asked some pointless questions. For example he wanted to know which of Gordon's ventures (his books, restaurants, or tv shows) make him the most money.... WTF... what kind of stupid question is that... I would rather know which one he enjoys the most, or which one he finds most challenging... not how much money he makes... The interview was centerd a lot around money as if Peter wanted to find out where he should direct his culinary empire... But Gordon was onto him and answered his questions without really answering the questions... smart cheeky monkey :)
He's lovely, and extremely passionate about food... His book looks very good, plenty of tasty pictures... I think I'll have a go at some of his recipies this weekend...

No comments: