Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Queen & Beaver Public House

brand new English pub located at 35 Elm St.... photos taken with my cell phone, as I didn't realize that the battery has died in my camera... we sat on their fabulous patio located just above the name of the place... great view
of course we started off with some pints...
then a duck and potato pie with rocket salad for me... with gherkins... scalloped potatoes with shredded duck meat all baked in a pastry shell... I truly enjoyed it... the salad was tossed with an excellent shallot dressing...
and fish and chips for Jay... those were some excellent chips, the batter on the fish was one of the best we've had in a long time... the tartar sauce was house made as was the ketchup which had a distinctive curry flavor... yum
then a couple more pints...
and English dessert... chocolate and coffee bread pudding for Jay...
mmmmm sticky toffee pudding for me...
we're definitely going back... it was delicious... and I need better pictures...

No comments: