Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinner 12: Thursday June 26th, 2008

It was all on me this week… Jay had to work very late… so it was just the girls… we had some kind of Australian white with our meal

To start I made Bruschetta. My version is composed of plum tomatoes, red onion, garlic, feta cheese, black olives, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and a bit of Parmesan cheese on top…I bit of a rerun when it came to the main, however since I never made it and the girls never had it, the rule hasn't been broken. The main was an interpretation of Jamie Olivers rustic Italian beans with scallops, drizzled with the best extra virgin olive oil I've ever had…
Kinga volunteered for dessert duty… we had Pączki which instead of the traditional prune filling were full of custard… delicious but nothing tops the classic…

No comments: