Friday, November 14, 2008

awww TINA you're still Simply the Best…


Tonight Jay and I went to see Tina Turner in concert. This is supposed to be her last tour, but that's what she said eight years ago. We saw that concert as well. It was our fist one together…

Tonight's' show was fabulous. Tina is unreal. The woman is 68 years old and pulls off a mini and a pair of heels better than most 20 year olds. I believe she does not know what old age is. She didn't dance as much as she did 8 years ago but she did dance... she's so awesome. She sang a lot of her past hits and some new material. "Simply the Best" and "Proud Mary" had every single person up and dancing.

Her band and back up dancers were great as well. Especially the dark chocolate god who goes by the name Jesse "Justice" Smith… Tina sang "We Don't Need Another Hero" from the Mad Max movie, Justice's outfit and his body for that song is burned into my retina for I hope eternity…

Jay favored one of her backup dancers… the girl sure could move.

One thing about the concert audience… it was seniors night… lol.. Jay and I were a couple of youngsters (and we're both in our 30s). This worked to my advantage, because I have no sense of rhythm… none… nada… I think I might also be tone deaf. I can't even clap in sync with a few thousand of other people.. lol.. but I shook my booty way off the beat all over the place anyways.. it makes Jay giggle…

To conclude… Tina I adore you… I hope you have another LAST tour when you're 75 and then again when you're 80…

No comments: