Monday, March 16, 2009

i love friday nights...

Because they're just fabulous...

My week goes something like this:
Monday:
- wake up around 8 am
- walk the dogs, shower, have breakfast
- go to school
- after classes straight to work
- 11:30pm back home
- catch up with Jay, watch the tube for an hour or two, go to bed

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: same as Monday

Saturday and Sunday: spinning, appointments, homework, and possibly family or friends

Then it starts again...

But back to Friday. On Friday when I get home, Jay and I have this ritual; the weekend is about to start so there is no rush, and the go-go momentum of the week comes to a stop. We stay up late, or later than usual (eventhough I have to be up by 8:30 on Saturday), we have a drink... wine, beer, or Jay shakes something up. I put all my frustrations, obligations, expectations, work and school on hold, and just enjoy the moment...

I mean we do a little bit of hanging out each weeknight, but the next day is always in the back of my mind, interfering; and there is none of that on Friday, and I look forward to it every week...

Pictured... last Friday's treat: Grey Goose Peartini. We've been waiting for the Grey Goose pear vodka to appear on LCBO shelves for over a year... so glad it's finally here.

No comments: