Thursday, March 5, 2009

there is always at least one

Because of the extended York University strike I finished my fall term exams last week instead of December. One of the exams was in math. I've already written a few of those, and over the years had only one calculus professor who did not allow calculators during the exam (but then again once you figured out the gist of the problem you didn't need one to solve it). In all my other math courses, calculator during the exam was essential... I just can't solve Poisson equations in my head... although I wish I could.

Anywho what I'm getting at is that during this math exam as in my previous ones, there is always at least one dodo who approaches the prof asking for a calculator or even more dumbfounding a pencil.... I just don't get it what kind of scatter brained ditz comes so unprepared... I mean this was a math course... a calculator was essential for the whole term...

so... I lent the fool without a pencil one of my own. I'd be damned if I was going to help out the one without the calculator. But you'd be right in guessing that I had two. The reason for it: I have this irrational fear that the battery will run out halfway through and then I'd be one of those unprepared losers.

Jason suggested I just carry some extra batteries if that should ever happen. But that's just not rational. I'd be wasting precious moments changing them. It makes much more sense to just have an extra calculator... and maybe some extra batteries as well.......

No comments: