Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summerlicious I

We went with Justyna and Mike to Rosewater Supper Club. I only took pictures of Jay's and my meal, simply because Jusytna had exactly the same thing as me, while Mike decided to order off the regular menu, and I did not want to cause too much disturbance with my flash :)

Our bread basket... it was nice, even though it came with butter balls instead of a dip..red for Jay, rose for me
Justyna's and my appetizer choice Duck Confit with arugula, pickled red onions and cranberry plum vinaigrette... delicious
Jay's choice Summer Salad roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes, and goat’s cheese toasts, basil shallot vinaigrette... I would have enjoyed this very much, if only I liked goat cheese
Justyna and I both chose Grilled Atlantic salmon with potato gnocchi with peas and broad beans and a vine ripen tomato butter for our mains... very nicely presented and tasty as well
Jay loves his meat and decided on Oven Roasted Veal Striploin sweet potato gratin and green asparagus... yum
for dessert Justyna and I had Wild berry strudel with Honey lavender ice cream... the ice cream was so creamy and tasty, the strudel was very nice as well... reminded as both a little bit of blueberry pierogi
Jay the chocoholic had Chocolate Molten cake with crème anglaise and raspberry coulis... it wasn't raspberry coulis but chocolate sauce with raspberry sorbet... soo good
we finished our meals with some nice cappuccinos
It was one of the nicest and most delicious summerlicious meals we've had to date. The portions were generous, presentations neat and pretty, and very flavorful... I think we might just go back and try the regular menu one of these days...

No comments: