Tuesday, December 9, 2008

it's true what they say, if doesn't have a price tag don't buy it, because you probably can't afford it…


I was shopping this past weekend at Pusateri's. I was in the mood for some pasta, and decided that one of the ingredients should be sun dried tomatoes in olive oil. There were two types on the shelf, sun dried cherry tomatoes and the jar pictured here. The cherry tomato jar was $10.99, and I felt it was just way too expensive for something that holds so little. The other jar had no price tag anywhere, but looking at it I felt that it must be cheaper since it looks similar to types available at Metro.

I really wasn't paying attention at the cash register, except when she said the total… it seemed a bit high. As she was processing my card I started to read my items listed on the checkout screen… the damn tomatoes were $19.99. I kind of inhaled sharply and possibly made some tiny sound of distress because the cashier gave me this odd look… I couldn't return the tomatoes; it's just not in me, I just smiled and punched in my pin, thinking that those better be the best tomatoes I've ever tasted…

and another life lesson learned the hard way…

No comments: