Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday is my cooking day...

Lately I've been looking forward to Sundays. Alone or with Jay I like to try a new recipe. We have so many cookbooks, it was about time one of us put them to good use. Jay tends to cook by looking at a picture. Seeing the final product somehow translates to a whole process of how it was made for him. I on the other hand need a step by step procedure. I stick to it as well, and once I've tasted my creation, I make the decision about any changes I might make next time.

This week I made Beef Stew with Newcastle Brown Ale and Dumplings from Jamie Oliver's book "Happy Days with the Naked Chef"...

I couldn't find any Newcastle Brown Ale at the LCBO... instead I used Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale... and since I cooked with it, we also drank it with our meal...served with baby arugula (it's nice and spicy) and a piece of crusty bread to mop up the sauce (not pictured)... this was sooooo good... winter fare at it's best... I'm an awesome cook :)

No comments: