Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miami Day 1: Aug. 20th

It is the end of our first vacation day. It was great but now we are exhausted, having only slept 3 hours last night has finally caught up with us.

Our flight was delayed by 30 min… waiting for the stragglers. Jason took some pictures at take off, and then he captured an aerial view of the Kenedy Space Center.

On arrival, Jay managed to upgrade his car and Chris the Budget lady who was helping us was extremely funny and friendly with plenty of suggestions. On the way to our hotel I snapped some pictures of the Miami Port, it's pretty awesome.

We couldn't check in once we got to our hotel since the room wasn't ready yet, so we left our bag at the front desk and headed to Ocean Drive for a bite to eat. We ate at a nice little cafe called Caffe Milano and I totally forgot to take pictures of our meal, but it was fresh and delicious. Jason had a burger and I had a ham and Swiss cheese wrap. We also had a couple of the most expensive drinks ever $14 each (rum runner and mango daiquiri), but it is Ocean Drive the tourist central.

After lunch we relaxed in the park across the street and we met an interesting Ocean Drive character, he has a different outrageous outfit everyday. Then we walked for a bit, and I snapped some pictures of the awesome South Beach architecture.It's unbelievably hot here; we were so ready for a shower once we made it back to our room. Our room by the way is great, small, clean, and quite cozy. The washroom is bigger than my current one at home and all marble except for the ceiling, very nice. There is also a very interesting treat basket, it has sweets, savories, alcohol as well as some adult play toys.

Once we were showered and refreshed we decided to take a drive, and find a Cheesecake Factory, because I just needed to have a cheesecake. Our drive took us to Aventura Mall, one of the most beautiful and amazing malls I've ever seen. All the stores I love were there in one place. It is huge as well; we walked it all, ending up at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had a couple of drinks El Diablo for Jason and The Ritz for me. I remembered to take pictures of our meal halfway thru… it was delicious by the way.. I got kind of distracted once I saw the plates… Jay had the Cuban Sandwich and I had Stuffed Chicken Tortillas. Portions were huge, we were stuffed, but found room to share a slice of Craigs Carrot Cake Cheesecake… oh my it was delicious… but we could barely move

On our way back we stopped at Barnes & Noble which is just like Chapters, and I bought "True at First Light" by Ernest Hemingway, then we went to a liquor store, which was so massive, I just couldn't believe it. Tempted to buy all the pretty bottles, but I was afraid they'd brake on the way home. We also stopped at Publix for some water... the aisle of alcohol in the grocery store rivals some of the liquor stores here..

No comments: