Sunday, October 4, 2009

I need it...

9:15 am, I am strolling over to Balzacs for my cup of black addiction. As I approach, the place seems kind of dark, and I know that shouldn't be the case since they open at 8:30 am on Sundays. But in disbelief I read the following notice on the door "Due to Nuit Blanche We'll be opening at 10 am on Sunday". What??? Why??? I don't understand what one has to do with the other... my eye starts to twitch, I don't and can't wait until 10am. I decide to go to Starbucks instead, even though I truly dislike their coffee, but my need seems to be greater, and I'm willing to settle.

I stand in line contemplating their pastry selection, getting myself ready for their inferior brew. I don't want to order a latte, I'm too cheap to spend 5 bucks on a drink that isn't a martini... but I also realize I don't know if they have special names for their coffees, and if they brew more than decaf and regular. I decide to play it safe and order "grande regular coffee", and she knew what it was.. she didn't rhyme off 5 blends, but turned around and poured me a cup.

Here I am now enjoying my pumpkin loaf... and a surprisingly very pleasant cup of coffee... maybe they changed their blends or roasting style, or maybe I am so starved for caffeine that I just can't tell the difference... doesn't matter, the addiction beast is tamed.

(the picture has no connection to my story, other than the fact that the land masses are made out of coffee beans...)

1 comment:

Jason said...

I love you so much