Wednesday, October 14, 2009

it seems I form habits/addictions very easily

because it took me only a couple of weeks to develop a need for a coffee at around 4pm. Without it, I become drowsy, tired, and irritable. Today, I'm at Sobey's feeling the need, I don't fight it, I head over to their coffee section to satisfy it.

Clerk: "What can I get you?"

Me: "Large coffee please."

Clerk: "That'll be $1.42."

I pay, get my change. He turns around; stands there for a couple of seconds, turns back again and faces me.

Clerk: "I'm sorry, what did you order?"

Me: "Large coffee."

Clerk: "Large coffee?"

Me: "Yes."

He grabs a medium cup, shakes his head, drops it, it falls on the ground, he bends down to pick it up, but halfway there changes his mind, straightens up, his hand goes for the extra large cup, he glances at me, I shake my head, he looks at the cups and his hand finally navigates the the large cup stack, two of them come off the stack stuck together, he looks at them confused, decides to separate them, then has a hard time slipping a sleeve on it, as he's pouring my coffee another customer asks him a question, I see him panic, his hand holding my cup starts to shake, he presses the button on the coffee thermos harder as if that will speed it up, pouring done, his shaky hand places the cup in front of me, as his body is already turned around to help the other customer. There is at least 1.5 inches of space form the rim of my cup to the beginning of my coffee... I sigh... decide to make up the difference with lots of milk... I need my calcium anyways...

No comments: