Friday, October 2, 2009

I told you we will go back....

after Sunday pedis a couple of weeks ago we once again ended up at The Queen and Beaver Public House patio to toast the end of summer... Denison's Wheat (blonde) for me, and Creemore Springs Lager (amber) for Jay... both brews are Ontario products... then for some odd appetizers...
Fried Cod Cheeks and Tounges .... mmmm tastes like fish... delicious... will have again
Ham Knucle & Roasted Walnut Terrine with Piccalilli... once again delicious.. the pickled veg wasn't overdone with vinegar... and complimented very nicely the delicate flavors of the terrine...
we went back to basics for our mains...
Hand Chopped Burger & Chips with Double Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Cheese for Jay... ketchup and mayo made inhouse... very yummy
Steak & Onions with Chips & Horseraddish Cream for me... very ordinary... the cream could have used more horseraddish...
once it got dark and cold outside... we had some dessert on a very comfy couch...
Walnut Tart with Walnut Ice Cream for Jay...
and Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with Walnut Ice Cream for me.... note to self: don't take a washroom break when your dessert is about to arrive or your ice cream will melt before you get to enjoy it... I do love my sticky pudding even if my ice cream is melted...
will we go back? ..... oh for sure... we barely got started with the menu

No comments: